Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Pinnacle dc30 plus

  1. #1
    tom*
    Guest tom*'s Avatar

    Question

    Tried in vain to get some sensible info about this card on the 'net'. Just 2 questions:

    1. Can it be used for stop motion capture with premiere?

    2. Is it any good? i.e. 'good enough'

    Thanks in advance

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Vurfer
    Guest Vurfer's Avatar

    Post

    I have a second-hand DC30+ so here goes:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    1. Can it be used for stop motion capture with premiere?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This works fine on my PC. I'm not sure about whether it works with Premiere 6, as there are no proper drivers for P6 (I think), but Premiere 5 or 5.5 are ok.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    2. Is it any good? i.e. 'good enough'
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Very much so. Compression of 4:1 (at best) mean very little loss of picture quality. It's got onboard sound, so no problems with sound going out of sync.
    Definitely ok for home use, they claim it would even do for broadcast quality, but I haven't tested that yet.

    Make sure you really get the "Plus", i.e. it MUST include "miro instantVideo" which means that you can preview hard-cut edits in Premiere without rendering anything.

    Daniel

    ------------------

  3. #3
    tom*
    Guest tom*'s Avatar

    Post

    Thanks, Daniel
    That is very helpful advice. Cheers.

    Tom

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •